12 Apr 2010

Blissful day here yesterday. Daughter's birthday and 17 degrees (Where's the degree sign on the keyboard? Anyone know?) In the morning I enjoyed myself trying some new recipes. An interesting sort of Swiss roll scone with pesto filling was very nice, and a new muffin tray bought from Tesco cooked muffin mix with brazil nuts and a couple of Mars bars to produce chocolatey-caramelly goodness. We drank coffee and ate these achievements outside in the sun, looking across the fields to the Moray Firth and the misty hills beyond.

It's sunny today too so I'm wondering where to spend the afternoon. I want to see 'Ghost' and 'I am Love' (which has our local film star Tilda in it) but those expeditions will have to wait until the rain returns. There will also be some g'son days this week though I feel I have nothing to offer a nearly-twelve year old in the way of companionship. He has miraculously spent much of the last week with a school friend and they didn't fall out - much. As two 'onlies' they did need their own space from time to time it seems.

Flowering cherry trees are flowering in the churchyard, forsythia is blossoming in the back gardens. Spring is sprung.

2 comments:

Walled Garden said...

I can almost smell the pesto filled swiss roll. Yum!
I have a square metre of soil which Dave has filled with herbs so I'm after a good recipe for sorrel soup.
Cheers Gillian

carol said...

Mmmm! I'll look out for one.