22 Dec 2011

'Tis the season to go mad and spray everything gold. I made so much marzipan for other people that I couldn't face another batch so covered the house cake with apricot jam and nuts which then looked dull so got gold spray for the edges but once spraying I couldn't stop and I fear the result i rather like Miss Faversham's wedding breakfast - it looks as if it started to decay some time ago and is reaching the luminous stage.Ah well!So many things to do to prepare. I can't imagine how I spend my time when it in't Christmas, also, more importantly for us witches, the Solstice. C, S and I went to walk the Solstice spiral at the FF last eve. We picked Angel cards after. Miraculously Sanders got 'Support' which is brilliant. We explained he has the angel with him for the year and he is to think on the meaning of support - to offer it to others as well as hoping for it for himself. Amazingly, because it sounds so prissy and moralistic put like that, he seemed to take it seriously. Chloe got 'Joy' which I feel she is due and might not recognise if it bit her! I got 'Purpose' which threw me. I've drifted into the comfortable belief that a sense of purpose is for the young and it's far too late in my life for me to worry my head over.I might not re-appear here for a while so - have a very happy, warm and cosy Christmas everyone and may 2012 bring you only good things.

Oops! I mean Miss Havisham of course. Don't like Dickens much so it's a long time since I read about the sad old wrinkly.

1 comment:

Gillian said...

I love the gold cake. I hope it's edible and if so where do you buy edible gold spray?
Hope you had a good xmas and the New Year brings "purpose"
Cheers Gillian