26 Aug 2012



I have magpie characteristics. The Angel of the North (my title) earring carrier has been filling up for a while and received two new opals today. I suppose after sixteen days of temperature and the last ten or so in solitary confinement with no hope of retail therapy, it wasn't the most sensible thing to go to the Himalayan Crafts Exhibition where I always find trinkets to tempt me. Ganesh the elephant god obviously had to come home with me, I've always felt him to be a jolly fellow and in blancmange pink who could resist! (The dragon and Ganesh need to be seen large to get he full colour blast). Of course I needed the dragon protector for my bedroom door and - well, a slim grey scarf is this season's must-have accessory... and then the opal earrings... my birth stone.... so again a no-brainer...

Oh  damn. There goes the budget. 

2 comments:

stitching and opinions said...

All gorgeous, especially Ganesh

Gillian said...

I love opals and those earrings are lovely.
Cheers Gillian