16 Nov 2013

Winter wearing.


It’s difficult staying cheerful when I’ve just had to drag out my huge black charity shop coat again for the fourth winter. Each year as I put it away I swear I’ll never wear it again, have it cleaned, take it back to the Red Cross,  but fail to find the cash for a replacement so out it has to come. 

Winter clothes - same story.  Dreary sludgy colours and fabrics that, (luckily for me) don’t fall apart. But, oh for some new adventures!

Shoes and boots - don’t get me started..... well, I am so on I go. I cannot understand people who have a things for shoes. I hate them. Ugly, sensible, clump-along-like-that shoes are all I can safely wear, given as I am to turning ankles and vertigo. I don’t like the look of the come-f*ck-me alternatives anyhow.

What else? 

Nightwear.  The options? Wincyette with pink roses. T-shirts. Pyjamas - I don’t like pyjamas. They get all twisted up and smelly. For years I swanned around in Indian cotton but the sources for that have either dried up or become expensive. The garment I wear now, washing and wearing the same day, has holes in. I pray for no hospitalisation to occur.

No comments: