12 Apr 2011

Sugared skirt and sweet thirteen!



I wanted to join the sugared skirt discussion and although I know I did sugar my skirt and hang it out on the line (where it got full of bees and other delighted flying insects) I couldn't find a photo of me in the result. I too grew like Topsy and worst of all grew taller than my father who was very self-conscious about his height with three older, taller brothers, so he made lots of jokes, to cover his own embarrassment probably, but it was devastating to me, hence not many photos. I did have a neat-petite friend (long since lost touch with her) who did the sticky skirt to perfection with the wide-belted cinched waist, and hourglass figure with torpedo breasts in those bras with lots of stitching round and round that made them pointed so many decades before Madonna.

I was only happy in jodphurs.

1 comment:

stitching and opinions said...

Oh... I am so touched by that gorgeous pic of you. All our hope and confidence in the future.........tho also I suspect being 13 wasn't easy at times. I had my pic taken [by a machine] for my passport renewal, hair off the face, behind the ears, straight on to camera. God I look old, but maybe now reaching the stage where the dignity! of age is creeping in. i.e. beyond hope