5 Jun 2011


Please could someone tell me which tree has a flower like this one so I don't have to look it up?

Nice afternoon, weather just right, neither too hot or too cold, so good for browsing first in an old church converted long ago into an outlet for antiques and bric-a-brac where I found a 1st ed. of Christopehr Fry 'The lady's Not for Burning' for £1 and a little brass pot to throw my keys into - don't know why but I wanted something to throw my keys into instead of hanging them up or losing them in pockets. K & I managed not to buy any of the 'vintage' garments or musty fur coats.

Then an hour in the gardens at Cawdor Castle where we saw this tree.

3 comments:

stitching and opinions said...

dunno, Retired Person's identify app doesn't do trees he claims. Will ask "mother who knows all"

Gillian said...

I have just bought a plant like that. It is a couple of feet high and I call it "mock-orange-blossom". It said so on the label too. There are a few plants which carry this name but yours looks like mine which I hope is a philadelphus. They are quite hardy.
Cheers for now,
Gillian

carol said...

A friend on Facebook suggested dogwood. It was a big tree so maybe not mock orange blossom - although I realise yours will grow Gillian! Certainly no scent or I wouldn't have got so near. Wish I'd looked for a label. It doesn't matter in the greater scheme of things but it bugs me...