15 Jun 2011

Well last week was one I don't want to repeat but will probably remember. A complete pain in the ... face to begin with. Toothache started Last Tuesday, rose to a crescendo Wednesday,tooth extracted Thursday and pain reemerged in a slightly different form until now when it is finally ebbing. It was a complicated tooth and I can't take anything but paracetamol. Doesn't cut it much. Daughter explained why.

I empathise with all sore-headed bears. It hasn't made me any nicer to know.

The court case isn't over, will probably take two more days in fact, but daughter was already reduced to tears (not public ones) by the first part of giving her evidence - and that was the police solicitor questioning her, so friendly. It's the stuff coming out that she never wanted anyone to hear and now it is broadcast to a room-full of people not all of whom are sympathetic. C*&p! The Sheriff is a woman - which really doesn't help. She wasn't at all sensitive.

The weather has gone all gloomy too. Blah.

Number two daughter is in Portugal so I hope she is having a wonderful time - the family needs an input of cheer.

I've read more books: Chocolat; Runemarks (hope she writes more fantasy); Gentlemen and Players. Now I'm re-reading the Pullman 'Northern Lights' trilogy which can be depressing but is endlessly fascinating to me.

No comments: