1 Feb 2012

Each year they seem like a small miracle. They have been popping up for a fortnight already, which IS a bit of a miracle. This winter has been so much easier than the last two - although I'm told we shouldn't count chickens yet. Yesterday, as I left the house at 8am, the sky was beginning to lighten and it was the first time for a while that I haven't had to scrape ice off the car windows or defrost the lock. Street lamps went off as I reached them so I felt like Dumbledore with his deluminator.

2 comments:

stitching and opinions said...

Snowdrops very welcome here too. Had ice on the inside of my windscreen this morning and then as I drove the ice on the inside of the sky light thingy started melting and raining on me as I drove. Very weird.

Gillian said...

Was -6 degrees C here this morning but no snow yet even though many sheltered spots have snowdrops. Snow soon though as the dry air moves on.
Cheers Gillain