23 Sept 2012



Autumn Equinox and time for celebrating natures last dramatic colour show and anticipating domestic warmth. The sweet peas brought by a friend do look, as she said, a bit 'fin de siecle' but the smell is wonderful and I'm determined to grow some myself next year. I have plenty of fencing. Beside them sit two of my harvest from the new apple tree, not bad for a beginner, (the other four went into a spiced apple cake).

Orchids can look more plastic than plastic but this is a pretty one, and then, for the inner person - mostly Sandy - I have to recognise the influence of Aussie culinary skill on my household. Do you recognise it Gillian?  I've only tried about a third of the extraordinary muffin and scone recipes but there is one particular savoury three cheese muffin that deserves an award.

2 comments:

stitching and opinions said...

Excellent culinary skills, as ever. Went to an RSPB site recently and in return for filling in their questionaire I was awarded a bunch of sweet peas, and I was knocked out by how lovely they looked and smelt. We have some ancient sweet peas in the garden that we inherited, purple, not really smelly, but the variegated ones like yours were a revelation.

Gillian said...

COOK, I do well but BAKE, I do not do well.
I know the recipe book series and have plenty of them but for stated reasons, not that one. Good luck with Herman!
Cheers Gillian