26 Sept 2012

My new friend Herman: Day One.

This isn't a cake to be made on a whim. In ten days time I should have enough starter dough to share between myself and three friends and then we can bake a cake each! Hence the name, Herman the German Friendship cake.

There is a snag. I don't know three people who will thank me for a portion of uncooked Herman, however friendly, and as Chloe gave me the recipe I don't think SHE wants to be blessed with dough - only a nice firm fruity cake.

The other possible snag is my history with 'yeasty goods,' prompting remarks such as that made by an Irish friend after tasting my Chelsea Buns: "Now, what went wrong Carol?'

1 comment:

stitching and opinions said...

I have watched the BBC TV Great Bake off or what ever, so i almost know what you are talking about..........as you know I have never been known to bake, wish, as ever we lived closer so I could share in your munificence.Look forward insteaf to seeing the result.