21 Mar 2013

Birthdays

Momentary hiatus in entries here for a variety of reasons: 
1 Not much to write about.
2 Distracted by many birthdays that have needed cards, presents and cakes, culminating in tomorrow's family event when the ex becomes 70 and there is an all-family gathering. So comforting that he gets to the milestone a year before me to try it for size. Daughter has arrived from Oxford and gone down with a tummy bug so poor thing hasn't had much fun yet. Son and energetic family-plus-one-dog (oh joy) arrive tonight so I hope there isn't snow anywhere. We've had quite a bit here but it all melted away.

One of the birthdays was celebrated with a musical soirée. It was quite fun but as I am usually ill-at-ease on social occasions I was relying upon at least one glass of white to buoy me up. Imagine my distress, dear reader, when I discovered that the birthday girl has sworn off the demon drink and even the punch was non-alcoholic. I knew I should have asked for a hip flask.

2 comments:

Gillian said...

A dry birthday party! Surely that's an oxymoron.
Hope all your family have a great time at the celebrations.
Cheers Gillian

stitching and opinions said...

At least Judy gets there before me.