24 Jul 2013

'tis the season....


'tis the season to be jolly.......

....careful to shake out all clothing and towels before using to eliminate the dreadful possibility of that enormous spider arriving on my body. (I met it, or a mate, for a second traumatic moment on the way to the bathroom this morning. We both screamed and ran off in opposite directions. Now it is hiding in the spare room, possibly in the bedding, waiting for me to make up the beds for my grandsons so it can get its own back.)

....careful to pull down all the blinds to keep out the sunshine we have been waiting for these last two years.

....careful to choose lunching places that don’t have Cullen Skink as a staple because, much as I like the soup, a fishy smell this weather hangs in the nostrils for hours.

....careful to wear cotton. Linen itches. Don’t even think of man made fibres.





No comments: