21 Jan 2016

Male and female created he them.

I’ve had conversations with two female friends recently on the ever-fresh subject of Men. Conclusion reached: They are very different to Women. 

Nothing new about that so why should it be so eternally provoking? The answer is - we have to live with them. It seems the sexes are doomed to be a constant challenge to each other. I dislike generalisations generally (and I really like men) but in this case I believe there is justification.

By coincidence, my ex and I watched ‘45 Years’ together at the weekend. Charlotte Rampling and Tom Courtenay. It’s a remarkable film, brilliant even, poignantly demonstrating the difference, the unbridgeable divide, between male and female. 


I didn’t even attempt to find out what my ex made of it. He made noises of approval as the credits rolled. I was curious to know in what way, or why, but expected him to say: 'the acting.' As this might have annoyed me I chose not to ask. We find ways of working with the situation.

No comments: