24 Dec 2008

Queues in the two Tesco's within eight miles of each other were, reportedly, 35 minutes long yesterday and causing creative shopping amongst those lucky enough to have a partner with them so one could start queueing whilst the other did the shopping! What madness! The shops are open again on Saturday. Customers coming in here said it was a haven of tranquility and possibly they spent more as a result because the takings were good.

Now that closing day is here I find myself thinking of opening between Christmas and New Year. It's going to be harder to finally shut the door than I had thought. Lots of clearing up to do before I can allow myself to settle to any new project so hopefully a new routine will arise naturally as I clear up my mind along with the rest of the chaos.

The need to drive south has faded as grandson becomes integrated into the busy family life in Cambridge. His fire-lighting skills have been appreciated and he's good with the toddlers so everyone is happy and he doesn't seem so needy of a visitation from an elderly grandparent. Thanks be to his overlighting angel!

To toad-watchers everywhere - he is back in this area and therefore not sponging on new, unsuspecting ladies, which is good news.

No comments: