18 Feb 2010

Happiness and contentment are preventative medicine is the news today - they lower incidents of heart disease. Well there's a turn-up for the books! Takes the boffins long enough to catch on.

Anxiety is REALLY bad news though and - I'm in a state of permanent tension over THE TILL & SWITCH machines. I haven't had to deal with such advnced technology ever and it's causing me terrible torment. People keep telling me it will become second nature - they don't know my nature. Anything that involves a sequence of necessary button pushing I will muck up. I am, as a daughter memorably remarked, totally impractical and woolly headed and unfocused and I like it that way but - this poor daughter has to 'reconcile' her till at the end of each day and as it & me haven't been reconciled all day it's a headache. I may be fired (oh goodie!) but probably won't be (oh damn!)

I'm not much help at giving advice on what lotion potion or pill is best for the ailmenst that are laid out before me. I've never been in the habit of taking anything mysef and though I may buy a bottle of vitamins I usually forget to take them.

2 comments:

stitching and opinions said...

Remembering how you sometimes hated sitting in your own shop and listening to morons I agree being "impractical" is the best way forward to freedom............

Gillian said...

I'm glad you enjoyed Avatar. Sometimes I worry that my tastes are very plebian and I'm relieved that you, whose tastes I admire and in fact, are in awe of, coincide with mine. The "shop" looks really attractive. Perhaps attractive enough to get me to Forres.
Good luck and cheers,Gillian