26 Sept 2010


A friend and I went to Cawdor Castle which was hosting a 'Living Food' event, by which I think it meant local and organic where possible. It was like a big Farmer's Market. There were none of the crafts my friend had promised, unless jam-making counts. Once again I forgot my camera but probably would only have captured people with their mouths full of pork pie or beef burger and hands full of biodegradeable 'glasses' (made from corn starch) holding local ale. There was also a local distillery offering taster tots of whisky. I'm not a beer drinker but my friend is and she is converting me. These smelled wonderful and tasted deliciously smooth, not at all gassy. Sadly I had to leave the whisky untasted because I was the only driver. It would have gone down so well as a chaser too.

For the first time I tasted wild venison carpaccio. I ate a whole pack when I got home. The advantage of living on one's own is freedom for total greed with no sharing.

No comments: