1 Aug 2011

Two days with more activity than usual for this person: The last Harry P (in 3D) Friday in Inverness, followed by afternoon lunch (lupper or sunch) by the bay. On Saturday I spent 2 hours standing in the sunshine with my grandson, watching gliders being put together like balsa wood models and then winched into the air on piano strings. Unlike me he is passionate about flying and longing to go up in a glider. He wasn't put off by the sight of the tiny cockpit and the abrupt ascent on the end of a ridiculously thin hawser so I'm giving him a trial lesson for his birthday.

Did I remember the camera? Of course not.

I got a sunburnt nose and cheeks. Very unglamorous.

Today the funeral of a friend's mother brought another very good friend back into my life for an hour or two. Wish we lived closer.

2 comments:

stitching and opinions said...

how was the film?

carol said...

Dark. Sad. Like the book. Not much humour or light moments, but a few. I thought the director etc. did a really good job with it though, and Sanders was riveted.

I would have liked a line-up at the end, like in the theatre. Or a montage of best bits and best characters. Something to mark the end of an era.

3D wasn't necessary really but bits of Voldermort did float very close to us at the end!