25 Aug 2011

My car, born 2002, one careful owner, is getting a bit long in the gasket, so it was with heart in mouth I left it for it's MOT today. Hooray and thanks be to excellent workmanship by VW, it has passed yet another year.

It does have intermittent starting problems which make my palms sweat when I find myself in a queue for petrol or sitting in the drive-thru' car wash..... Will it start or will I be covered with embarrassment whilst it chugs and refuses to fire? This eventuality will bring all the men in the vicinity rushing to tell me what to do and what not to do... I know it will fire up in the end, create an appalling smell of oil, and glide off as if nothing had happened, but in the meantime I have to listen politely to all their theories and their anecdotes about the garage where I have had it checked twice ( of course it behaves beautifully for them!)

2 comments:

stitching and opinions said...

Ha! Mine is in the garage today. Have been having trouble starting it, till this week at the Farm shop it refused altogether. Four swarthy young males [Aussie?] swarmed over and attacked the engine with glee, but finally foxed, leapt in and bump started it. I stood to one side and smiled warmly till ushered back in. Sometimes being a woman [little old] is an advantage.

stitching and opinions said...

Car back home, it was some kind of sensor that needed replacement, not sure what that would signify