4 Sept 2011



The last day of summer? This was at least ten days ago when I sat in the sunshine, with coffee and cake, getting slighly burned around the glasses, watching Sandy trying to master the little Topaz (very slightly larger than a Topper but still with the open stern design that does away with the need for bailing.) Moments like this give me time-warp sensations as I feel myself watching my son doing much the same slightly frantic manoeuvres when he was learning to sail single-handed. Weird.

In the first photo (from the bottom up) he was trying to rescue - and then hold onto - another Topaz that one of the younger idiots hadn't beached high enough so it escaped.
Sanders got some impressive rope burns and no thanks from the YI's for his pains.

Since then the weather has been worse than autumn - autumn without the colours; grey, dreich and dismally wet. It hs picked up a bit this weekend but I've been too busy reading to notice.

No comments: