16 Sept 2011

Random thoughts.

Post boxes are getting hard to find here; dog poo bins on the other hand are becoming ubiquitous. The dpb's are red and shiney. I just know what I am going to do one dim, misty morning....

I liked the columnist who criticised her daughter's school sex education tutor for raising unrealistic hopes - the pupils were given condoms to practice putting on cucumbers!

Grandson had a taste of the essential differences between people's lives when one of his mates tried to get sanders to lend him his savings he could buy a pony. The friend assured him he was good for it: 'I can pay you back OK . I'm getting five and a half million when I'm 18.'

He's the grandson of a hard working couple who built up a local business into a huge food production company. The grandfather, I have reason to know, was a nice, kindly and generous man so it's impossible to feel annoyed or self-righteously outraged. Even so........

No comments: