30 Jan 2012

I though I would have a lot tp say about my experiences at a Qi Gong workshop this weekend but now I have the pad in front of me I'm finding it hard to put into words so, in brief, it was good and I feel a lot better for it.

It didn't come as easily as yoga. When I first started yoga classes, an awesome 40 years ago, I felt as if I knew it already and some of the asanas I did as a child, instinctively, without knowing they had been given names. Qi Gong feels new and awkward, but my body seems to approve!

4 comments:

stitching and opinions said...

I had to go to Wiki so I hope my understanding is starting off on the right foot. There seem to be disputes, but perhaps the twining fish say it all. I have often thought that Fish might be a satisfying design obsession, like you with dragons. You could trace the beautiful dragon you have, make a stencil and just print some till they come together for you...........

carol said...

Indeed I could! Thank you for the creative idea.

carol said...

PS: bit confused about twining fish - where did you see that?

There are disputes about everything - it's part of our nature to doubt, but I don't think there are many who challenge Qigong as a method of self-help and healing. It has survived 4000 years!

stitching and opinions said...

Whoops - old age, it is a dragon twining around I saw it as 2 fish. Now what does that mean?

I think the disputes are about some of the contemporary claims of heals all rather than the Qigong itself.