9 Jul 2008

Not a lot happening today so it has been nice to have a pile of books to work through, putting them on the internet, cleaning them, giving them plastic jackets, and setting them on the shelves to try their luck at getting adopted.

There are more tourists around and notably my best customers have been little girls with their grannies wanting nice books for granny to read to them, and teens with their mothers buying for for their departure to first year at University. Both duo's are good business. They exude the pleasure they are feeling in being together on a special expedition. It makes them a pleasure to serve (and they spend happily!)

Other than that... Well, I was nearly mown down by a bus on the narrow pavement along to the Post Office. It flew past so close to me I felt the undertow pull me into it. Then I saw a near accident with one of those mobility bike things. A demon granny pulled out in front of a van on a blind corner and charged obliquely across the road - with her grandchild on her lap!

A very exciting day.

No comments: