19 Oct 2009

No photo opportunities for this blog recently. Shame. I spent most of the weekend eating - at least that's what it felt like. Probably should have taken shots of the dishes. The sticky toffee pudding was wonderful and quite decorative for a moment or two. A fishy theme throughout: Squid in tomato sauce served on a bed of wilted spinach and risotto with Sandy and Chloe Friday. Fish soup (more like a stew really, very thick) served with a heavenly garlicy rouille and shared with Kate on Saturday. Sunday lunch I didn't cook, went instead with Judith to the Ramnee, a comfortably old fashioned hotel with bar and restaurant which does a good carvery only I ate yet more fish being off meat for the time being. That was where I fell upon the sinful STP. All very nice, but I feel a bit bloated and had great trouble saying awake today in the shop. I dread a customer catching me drooling over my crossword.

2 comments:

stitching and opinions said...

pics of glorious food always nourishing and may help me lose the wieght I put on over the holiday. I used to just give up bread and cakes and readjusted quite quickly, now I am sulky about having to cut down and so my extra pounds cling miserably on.
IMO it gets more and more annoying to have to constrain ones self as one gets older.

carol said...

Couldn't agree more. I used to lose weight easily now it doesn't seem t shift whatever I do so I dn't bother. Food is about all I really look forward to these days!!