27 Oct 2009

R.I.P Mr McSeed

I can't find a single photo of this stalwart companion in my collection. That's terrible. He has been with Sandy since his parents split up - indeed he was a sort of consolation when his dad moved out because dad would never let him own a hamster. Poor Sanders is taking it very hard and it seems to have pushed him right back into the noisy breathing tic long with the depression that hounded him this time last year.

Maybe it's partially the time of year. It's hard to be cheerful now it's dark both ends of the working day. Not that I always disliked the dark. Once upon a time I saw it as party time and time for romance. Sandy isn't yet in that place and he has what the writer of 'Bringing up Boys' calls a 'sad mind.' There's a lot of deep-rooted grief and loss.

I made buns. It's always my reaction to tragedy - bake something cosy. Not sure how much good it will do.

2 comments:

Gillian said...

Unfortunately, small-cute-furry things have a much shorter lifespan than us big-ugly-bald things. I think that we must expect to own a few in our lives and Sandy should now start looking forward to his next small-cute-furry thing so that he can endow it with his love and assume the same in return.
What about a breeding pair!!!
There could be a market for them. He could learn the first stages of successful enterprise...
Oh, please stop me someone.
Cheers Gillian

carol said...

I'm not going to stop you Gillian - I love people blethering!! Thanks for cheering me up.