14 Jan 2011

Calendars




Every year it takes me a month or two to find a calendar I can bond with. I like to choose a different artist or school each time. Last year it was Art Deco posters. I then have trouble parting with the prints but can find nothing stisfactory to do with them. It's a dilemma.

I also get this welcome present from the daughter of a friend in the USA. Each page must take her an age to assemble because almost every month contains a surprise envelope with cards she has designed herself, or inspirational mottoes and sayings. I have a book of sayings her mother collected while she was alive and I've added to it myself from time to time.

1 comment:

stitching and opinions said...

That is a great calendar. Bought a very odd 2nd hand cobbled together patches and stitched and dyed cover thing for our couch this week So now it matches everything, or nothing