10 Jan 2011

Fishy dreams

I had two very small fish in a tank. These fish came to my attention because they seemed to be looking for something - needing something. I fed them but they weren’t interested in food. I filled up the tank with water because the level looked a bit low. S and I went looking for a shop that would sell us an aquarium and fish-keeping equipment but we couldn’t find one open. When we got back to the tank it was empty with one fish gasping on the bottom, lying across the plug hole (there shouldn’t be a plug hole in a fish tank I think!) It looked a bit weird but I didn’t investigate. I shouted to Sandy to help me refill the tank and then I woke up so I have no idea if the fish - one or both - survived.

Looking back the fish lying across the plug had an oddly human look about it.

OK, water is usually seen as symbolising emotions. Fish - well, all characters in a dream are me so perhaps my inner self (younger than my outer self and symbolised by my grandson?) needs emotional outlet. It’s a thought. can’t do much with it though - except write....

No comments: