27 Feb 2008

I've just been having a clear out......

So far four people have been in today each starting their approach with: "I've just been having a clear out..." "I'm not buying at the moment" I reply, then, with hardly a breath: 'But what have you got?' I just can't help myself. The shop is full, the garage fuller, the floorboards at the top of the house under a severe strain but - well, this might be the lot that brings in the local book I can ask a highish number with several happy gamboling noughts after it and be sure of a sale at some joyous future moment. Or just a Chalet School 1st ed. That would do. The good people name their prizes clearly, hoping to enroll me in their enthusiasm for what this morning was a box of junk that might raise a quid or two. The list depresses me. I wave them away with a sigh to the charity shop next door. They are fed up with me. The charity shop will be fed up with me... they have enough books too.
It's time for coffee.

No comments: