27 Feb 2008

Third coffee

Slow day. Three copies of "Punch' gone and that's it. Too much time left for the devil. Those rats are my favourite customers incidentally. Would there were more like them!

I received a book this morning from another Amazombie. "Thy Father is a Gorbellied Codpiece!" is the title of this work and enables one to create 100,000 well rounded Shakesperian insults. (There's now a 'slag each other off/be nasty to each other' thread on the Amazon sellers' site to help booksellers cope with the stresses of dealing with Sentinel, customers who can't read, and other Amazombies who are into God and so on. ) Apart from the fun of it ,the book has also made me think about the depredation of our language. Folk just don't seem to have the time to turn a fine phrase any more. It's all 'LOL' 'IMO' & IMHO' & - I have to confess I can't think of any others right now, but you get my meaning I hope.

Talking about the devil (nervous look over shoulder) I bought five nice clean looking vols. from the Red Cross thinking they would look fine on the shelves. Found myself reading the blurb and then the first vol. and then the second and now I have binned them. Christian 'End of Days' stuff written in the style of Dan Brown. Very Yuk.

About three feet away from me lies a nude (probably) body that my daughter is working on. No, I haven't opened a bordello, although the way trade is going today that might not be a bad idea. The nude body is behind a door and I have music playing so I can't hear the groans. Its all a bit gothic. My daughter is an osteopath so hopefully is turning Quasimodo there into an upright biped again.

Probably another coffee at this point would be a mistake. I could try uploading another image. All this is very new and fun. Probaly shan't type another word on it but for the moment it does improve the shining hour.

No comments: