26 Jun 2008

Clippings

Another frustrating hairdressing experience. It's not the cutting, it's the faffing around with the blow-dryer that tries my patience beyond the limit. That and the inability to get the girl to admit there is a state between frizz and stair-rod.

Some excitment later today when I get a visit from Bryn and Jane on their way back from checking out books to be auctioned in Dingwall tomorrow. I couldn't get to see for myself today but will go tomorrow and bid for everybody. Heavy responsibility! What to do if they have left me instructions to bid on the books I want? Difficult ethical dilemma made less difficult by the lack of funds in my account. It will be a pleasant drive anyway and Tom's happy to sit here.

I think Mr Toad had better emigrate. There is much disgusted buzz going round the north of England book traders about him.

1 comment:

Gillian said...

I had a successful day at Tennant's yesterday. Enough money to pay the gardener and fill the oil tank! Good luck with your auction tomorrow.
Cheers Gillian