10 Jun 2008

Synchronicity

Well, I changed the window but it isn't worth taking a photo of as the expected extra volumes haven't arrived from Amazon (Chillsider is right. The free delivery option is MUCH slower!) It is also advertising the Forres Writer's Group and giving bits of blurb about the poets/writers I have managed to display so there are almost more notices than books this week.

But I was going to write about synchronistic happenings. I have long noticed it happens with the type of books that come in and last week provided a good example when two boxes of decorated boards arriving from different directions. Then on Sunday I watched, with my ex, Dirk Bogarde in 'Ill Met By Moonlight,' the Powell-Pressburger production and yesterday I had an order for the book 'Ill Met by Moonlight' by Stanley Moss telling the true story on which the film is loosely based. Yesterday afternoon I had a conversation with someone about automatic writing and today I got an order for a book that has been on the shelves here for 4 years, 'Swan on a Black Sea,' about automatic writing. Chloe gets a week of knees, or necks, or as last week, coccyx's (Is there a more elegant plural? Oh yes - coccyges. There's a thing!)

No comments: