24 Jun 2008

Lots of time left.

Glorious day outside and I have just clocked up another year. Chillside sent me a Fat Lady which is a reminder to practice being as abandoned as the portrayed lady until I too can dance around in my birthday suit.

Maybe not. It might scare the horses.

The Lost Book turned up which was an excellent start to the day, and a chap came back to buy a book he'd looked at yesterday, "The Gay Gordons' ( written before 'gay' changed its connotation) and a thin lady bought a book of Feng Shui. Quite a remarkable sale that last one. Feng Shui has gone out of fashion the way so many of these regurgitated eastern disciplines do once they have been over-exposed and turned into air-head coffee-table books.

Lots of day left. Lots of time left. ?

Getting older is supposed to make one more mellow and that is seen as a Good Thing. I was talking to a customer of about my age who was mourning this mellowing process. She remembers a certain Jungian analyst and workshop-giver who she used to admire for her edginess and challenge. The last time she met the woman she had mellowed - grown less invigorating, less interesting - grown old.

I was telling a friend recently that I am content with my life and rather surprised to find myself so. Perhaps I should try waking myself up and rethinking that position. Rage a bit.

Ach no. Takes too much energy.

No comments: