22 Apr 2009

Angels on overtime.

I liked Chillsiders comment about keeping my angels on overtime - it's true. I looked at the first house yesterday and although in many respects it's perfect - late Victorian stone built with 6 bedrooms, three attic rooms (undecorated but with a bit of plastering and paint they'd be bigger and better than I'm using now) two reception rooms, a BIG dining room, a newly fitted kitchen (with plenty of room for a table for 6 so the sort of heart of the house to sit around in yacking to the cook and then eat in) a utility room, three shower-or-bath rooms with all facilities... somehow I still couldn't see us all living there. A night's sleep and a few possibilities have popped in that would make it good but.. I think it faced in the wrong direct so there wasn't enough light for me. It was a sunshiny day and only the large living room was getting it.

I'm seeing another more modern spread, bungalow this time, tomorrow. The problem with modern houses is the sound. It generally filters everywhere. No privacy!! That solid Victorian house had a drum kit in the attic. I wanted to get Sanders to try it so I could walk around and test for sound - maybe when we go back.

His hip is better - tick one off.

3 comments:

Gillian said...

I have just put an offer on a house that does have doubts about the sunshine. It is mostly great, the surroundings are not good but the house is great. The previous house offer had many problems with damp, word-worm etc. but this on is rather grand and a bit gothic. I shall do photos when I get the new camera back.

carol said...

Oh gothic - I want it!! Fingers crossed!

stitching and opinions said...

Previous home was big Victorian gaff like the one you explored. I loved it, solid, sound absorbibg, but a bit dark, guess one can't have evrything, usually.Oh yes it also had a leaky roof and a bit of rising damp if I remember rightly. I would still have it if I had a big family .........and I could move it here.