30 Apr 2009

Moonhare Mine????.


Sandy and I visited a museum this afternoon. He really likes museums and so do I but we usually head off in different directions, me to look at the flint arrow heads and scrapers, he to the interactive exhibits, swords, blunderbusses, and stuffed animals.

Serendipitously there was a textile exhibtion of works in felt by two women we know well, one who has been a great help to Sanders over the last couple of years, and her daughter who we met occasionally at grandpa's and was from time to time a customer of mine. I want to rush away and make felt pictures and bags now. The woman below, surrounded by the blue waters of ostrich feathers, has streamers in her hair saying that she has come a long journey and now had offerings of wisdom to give. Sandy was unexpectedly delighted with her.

Above is the picture I want for my birthday although the look on my daughter's face when Sandy told her the price suggests I'll be (un)lucky!!

No comments: