3 Apr 2009

Fairies and sunshine.

Suddenly there is a rush on books about fairies. Is it because it's Spring? Even a limited edition book I never seriously hoped to sell has just gone off to Australia, 'The Fairy Family' which was the first book to be illustrated by Burne-Jones.

It's a glorious day today and begs me to go gardening or (as the grime shows so much better in the sunlight) to spring clean. Happily a friend rang up and we're going down to the beach for a stroll then off to seek out coffee and cake somewhere. This is the first day of a week in which I officially have nothing to do. Sandy is at his dad's and Chloƫ is on her way to a cranial osteopathy course in Leeds. I stayed in bed till 11am without a qualm of conscience. All the writing I plan to do and - yes - spring cleaning - looks like having to happen around other plans that are forming. Goodness. It feels like a holiday.

No comments: