27 Aug 2009

Lots of thoughts milling around here but no magnetic north to pull them into shape.

Reading Chillside and enjoying her commitment to an ever burgeoning and talented career contrasts strongly with awareness of my own lack of focus. Excuses come easy - time is taken up with the shop and the grandson, but there is still time. I just prefer to fill it staring at CSI New York, The Guardian and The Mentalist, fantasy entertainment in other words. I always did prefer stuff that took me away from the present and even off the planet whenever possible. My favourite books at junior school was about two schoolboys who accidentally shot into space on a very unlikely rocket.

Faced with the possibility of going up in a real rocket and you wouldn't see me for dust.

Perhaps I would also blossom if incarcerated in a Lunatic Asylum. Although these days they'd pump me full of drugs so I'd be even more of a vegetable.

Amazing to think that this blog has been visited at least 1000 times; less amazing when remembering statistics about people who have finally had a blog made into a book. Theirs were visited tens of thousands of times. They had focus.

The naughty book banned by ebay has been sold. I've sent a letter of protest to ebay since there are other copies of almost the same publications still up and running on ebay uk and at least 24 listed on ebay us. Seems it is still banned in Germany so maybe my mistake was to open it up to all of Europe. Daft. Can't bury history.

3 comments:

stitching and opinions said...

There is no burgeoning going on here mate, just mild obsession with making a mediocre mark and grass that looks greener from a distance; as does your lawn to me - we are both still smelling the flowers/weeds in the borders , that is the main thing.

Gillian said...

And here I was envying both of you for having such a sense of purpose and a fine flair for finding fulfilment in your daily doings. (I would love to have Reginald Hill's flair with words, Chillsider's ability to finish things and your ability to philosophise so well.
On with the brass polishing and the knitting.
Cheers Gillian
ps I've signed up for some more painting classes

carol said...

LUl! Which stands in this case for:

Loving U ladies!!