29 Aug 2009

More about Hitler

The good news is that I got a real reply from a real person about the listing of Mein Kampf:

Hello Carol, Thank you for writing to us about removal of your 'mein
kampf' listing (item no.230370199110). I am happy to assist you further.
I've reviewed your listing again and can confirm that it was removed by
the eBay.de Trust & Safety team (Germany). Our rules on eBay.de are very
strict in relation to items from this period, and it is illegal to sell
many of these types of items in various parts of Europe. While I totally
agree that history is there for us to learn from and not to be buried
and overlooked - please note that when you offer to post these types of
items worldwide, they are available to Germany, and our eBay.de Trust &
Safety team will remove them accordingly. Carol, you may re-list this
item on eBay.co.uk if you remove the Europe and Worldwide postage
options. You may post to the rest of the world, such as North and South
America or Australia and Asia. This is the reason you will see other
similar items to yours still available on site.

So that's it really. Pity they (ebay.de) didn't just think of asking me to change my listing specifications but I'm happy to have had a response. I shall reactivate my account.

1 comment:

Gillian said...

Glad you got some answers that were not patronising. I've been having a "go" with an Oz bank over delays in payments related to change of addresses. All I keep getting is patronising bumf so I have closed that one down.
One credit card less to deal with.

Cheers Gillian