3 May 2009

New furniture.


I'm delighted with the new TV unit made up for me by a wonderful local cabinet maker who always seems to understand what I want without any fuss and is able to translate it from my wobbly scribbles to proper measurements and then the actuality. He sweated up two flights of stairs with it, round the killing bends in the staircase, without complaint and not only cut a piece of rug for me to fill in the gap left underneath by the absence of the marble fireplace but replaced all the scarts and so on in the right holes so I could just switch straight back on when he'd finished. Amazing service!

I have hardly any DVD's to sit on the shelves but perhaps that will change now I have a place to put them (provided the Amazon orders play ball with me here!!) My ex has a huge collection from which I can borrow but his more erudite taste doesn't run to crime unless it's a good B&W like 'Anatomy of a Murder' so I'll have to get the complete 'Bones' and 'Dalziel & Pascoe' sets for myself.

4 comments:

stitching and opinions said...

Oh no not Bones, I won't watch it as it seems so far from the books! Like the wood work tho.

carol said...

I didn't know there were books of Bones! Who writes them?

stitching and opinions said...

Kathy Reichs

carol said...

Oh goodness - I've read all her books and no, I didn't recognise them either!!