30 May 2008

Negative vibes

I feel jittery and tense. If I were my long-suffering friend G I would have a migraine I suspect. The barometric pressure again? It is heavy and thundery. My daughter, working next door, came out of her room to ask me if there had been a 'weird person' in in the shop because whilst she was trying to tune in to her patient (she does cranial osteopathy as well as the more ordinary massage and manipulation) a blast of strong negativity from outside the room hit her, causing her hackles to rise (metaphorically) and seriously unnerving her. Theere were two men browsing at the time she noticed this. They seemed OK but who knows what was going on in their heads? Perhaps the weather is making them a bit murderous. As I have been reading 'Maxwell's Ghost,' in which Richard Frere regularly hears ghostly conspiratorial whispers outside one of Maxwell's cottages, and Maxwell himself (in 'Raven Seek Thy Brother') tells of a time when poltergeist activity broke out in another cottage, I am very disposed to believe her. Maybe the electric pre-storm atmosphere carries the emotional charge from people more ...erm... loudly?

When Chloe was a child she once told me of the 'apparition' who joined us at breakfast time whilst we were living in a cottage in Findhorn. She described the clothes he was wearing as 'old fashioned,' baggy trousers, thick shirt and leather jerkin, probably roughly what a country lad might wear in almost any century. I subsequently discovered that he has been seen attempting to join groups of drinkers outside the pub just across the lane from the cottage. The next person to stay in the cottage told me she never felt alone there, but that was later. After the breakfast incident when I got back from the school run, I stood in the kitchen and told the chap I didn't want him frightening my children (or me for that matter) so would he please not let himself be seen or heard whilst we were there. I might have made some suggestions about finding his way to the next level. It seemed to work.

No comments: