11 Jul 2009

The Eden Project











Lovely cool looking bananas.

I was amused by the cardomom plant. It's huge but has skinny fragile looking shoots at the bottom which put out really small flowers that turn into the seed pods we eat. Interesting to see chillies growing too (and later to eat the most delicious chili and ginger 80% chocolate). Cinnamon trees,and nutmeg - it was all rather wonderful to be able to see and touch as I'm never going to be in the tropics.

When it came to it I couldn't manage to go up to the top of the Tropical Biome - I felt my lungs and blood pressure just weren't going to cope so drifted around happily on the lower levels whilst they sweated up into the 35+ degrees with 90% saturation at the top. Alex took all these photos for me. The waterfall was spectacular from the top I'm told. Grandad came down still wearing his pullover - that's the stuff we (some) Brits are made of!

The sculptures were fun. Just two here but lots more around and about.

2 comments:

stitching and opinions said...

was the horse made of drift wood still there, I was so envious of that?

carol said...

Yes - it was. We thought it was a bit creepy but very clever.