27 Jul 2009

Something fishy.

Help urgently needed. I was given a very lovely, very long, string of wooden beads for my birthday. They go with everything and I love wearing them except - when warmed by proximity to my body they smell fishy. The first time I noticed it I was holding g'son the 3rd and blamed his nappy. Instructions say not to spray with perfume - which is fishy in itself as I suspect instructions are the result of disturbed owners spraying for the same reason so WHY DON'T THEY CHANGE THEIR GLUE OR PAINT OR WHATEVER??

It's Monday. I'm grumpy. I found out yesterday that anything ending in 'ise' should read 'ize'. Now I thought that was an americanised (sorry, ized) spelling and have been avoiding it for years supercilliously.

That's what you get for watching day-time TV (Morse in this case).

It has stopped raining which is lovely but I have to sit in the shop which isn't and just shows someone is out to get at me personally.

On top of that - my body is screaming. A bit of yoga for a couple of mornings never did this in the past. What is different now?

Don't answer that.

Added later: Maybe Morse was wrong about the 'ise'v 'ize' question. 'ise' seems to be the good old British way, but that's terrible. He solved a crime on the strength of his knowledge of the dic. re ise/ize. (Which dic? Not sure but surely British?) Oh dear. All my foundations are crumbling. My sense of identity is threatened....

2 comments:

stitching and opinions said...

Only wear the beads in winter when the glue will remain cool? Keep them in the fridge?
I record Morse and watch on a slow evening,[nearly every evening to be honest] those early ones were so much better! Oh dear here it comes..... nostalgia attack.

Gillian said...

Keep doing the yoga, it will get better and so will you. I keep telling myself that now I have settled down I'll find a class and start again. I have a wizard DVD to do at home but that isn't anywhere nearly as good as a real teacher.
I've given up on right/wrong spelling and now realise/ize that it is all much easier if classified as conventional/unconventional. Like the loss of adverbs and the take-over of all pronouns by "to". It frets me less.
Cheers Gillian