15 Apr 2008

Chewing gum furniture

Today my blog is next door to an Italian one selling (I suppose) furniture that looks as if it is made out of Fimo or chewing gum. Or a taffy pull - that it! It looks like a taffy pull, and who can imagine curling up on THAT? There really is some excruciatingly uncomfortable furniture around. Always has been I remember the Art Deco house in Brussels (but not the artist who had lived there.. come on brain...) It had chairs that looked like a Charles Rennie Macintosh design. In fact now I come to think of it C R M did design chairs and extremely uncomfortable they looked too. What is the point? For me a chair has to be big enough to tuck up my legs or better still cross them. I hate sitting in the conventional way and am very uncomfortable doing so for any length of time.

I am very uncomfortable in this chair now because I can't get my legs under the table and have to sit at an angle to type. If I were working for someone else I would complain loudly. There just isn't anywhere else to put the desk wihtout losng so much shelf space.

The good news of the day is that I have managed to list some RAF books and one of them turned out to be rather desirable and therefore capable of netting a tasty price.

No comments: