22 May 2009

Two jolly brothers...

... made an appointment to look at my dwindling stock of books. They spent an hour browsing, drinking coffee and gossiping. Who says men can't gossip? The final score wasn't high but will buy me a knitted silk beret I've had my eye on. It prompted a confusing dream about taking cash from the till to give to someone so they could buy something for themselves. The dream made me happy. I do like to be generous, to be able to hand out largesse now and again, so being cramped financially makes me moody.

No time to paint so far. Today is the Open Day at Sanders' school. It's also the Sports Day but they failed to put that on the invitation so most parents think it's an open day for prospective parents and aren't coming. The poor secretary is distraught as she has ordered 300 strawberry tarts! I'm sure the children will help out there.

As Chloe is working all day it's up to G'dad & G'ma to be the reps. In the morning there is an art exhibtion, martial arts display and a concert; then there's a picnic (food provided, please bring rugs.) Then the sports, at which our sandman is rather good so expects our attention. I confess I'm not looking forward to it. Standing doesn't agree with my crooked back. Fortunately G'dad has dug out a shooting stick so I shall look quite the point-to-pointer perched on that. An enormous brolly will also be necessary if the weather follows the pattern of the last few days when we have been frozen, baked and soaked in rotation.

No comments: