14 May 2009

The weather is still glorious but I have an illogical need to stay in and write.

Recently Facebook took up more time than I usually give to that social outlet. It was fun, but in the middle of an orgy of putting on photos and bouncing bits of chat back and forth I was shaken to read about a couple whose social life was exclusively conducted in cyberspace! Time to drag myself away and get a life I thought but it hasn't worked very well. Dawn is before 4am already and the birds are very active with their nests in my eaves (or guttering I suspect) or on the roof across the way, so the noise is energetic and get-up-ish. I get as far as this desk and stick here for two or three hours tapping away. The rest of the day is a blur of tiredness after that. Not sure there is anything to show for it but it's absorbing. I do have to produce something to take to the Arvon course in September so there's a deadline of sorts.

No comments: