1 Oct 2008

American pie.

The world may be interested to know that the American nation has risen a long way in my estime since I watched an episode of the Daily Show with Jon Stewart. That was the best satire I have seen for a long time. A small extract that sticks in my mind was the graphic illustration of what a 700 million (or billion.. no-one seemed quite steady on that) dollar bail-out (the one that didn't happen) would mean in real terms for the tax payer. His share would buy him 2000 Macdonald Apple pies. Bill Clinton said there had never looked so good a time for buying apple pies.

1 comment:

stitching and opinions said...

I love this programme, and have it on record button so can see it most days. I suggested my daughter should watch it, as she is deep in republican territory, but she says American TV is so bad she doesn't really watch it at all, so no chance of subversion there.