20 Oct 2008

Unusual excursion.

I'm not much of a one for going out at the end of the working day but a friend persuaded me to go to with him to Phil Kay's gig on Saturday. It was more of a chuckle than a belly laugh but at least Phil is one of the few stand-up's who's neither repetitvely crude nor abusive. He's a thoroughly nice guy who has been a customer of mine on occasions (a sure passport to OK-ness.) I recognised him the first time he came in because I really liked some adverts he did years ago for Whyte & MacKay's Whisky.

As a gentle evening out it was a success. The one almost-excitement was a hair-raisingly fast ride to the venue because my companion wanted time for a joint before we went in. It's a long time since I have taken a drag or two and sadly it had absolutely no discernable effect whatsoever.

Disappointing.

2 comments:

stitching and opinions said...

You needed to hold it down in those poor old lungs of yours which wouldn't have been a good idea, better to stick to the wine.

carol said...

True!
I thought it might relax me and get rid of the asthma that way.