8 Sept 2009

No vaccine available yet for the porcine pestilence so if I get it it's the Tamiflu for me.

We're trying to get the school to take Sandy back by getting him clearance from his doctor, if not he will be away for as long as it takes for the virus to romp through the school (a month?) then another week for good measure. By which time he will have missed all the social interaction he so much needs. The teachers have mostly had it during the hols. Summer School students brought it from all corners of the world.

I don't think Sanders guardian angels are looking after him very well. His pony is lame and possibly has a hair-line fracture in her hock and will have to be on 'box rest' for up to 4 months.

They're not looking after his poor mum either - she is facing vet's bills which even with insurance will be horrible, and then there's the extra livery for being stabled... seems like everything we do for the best turns out for the worst.

Difficult not to see through gloom-coloured lenses today.

Perhaps a cream doughnut will help lift the mood. Might as well try it.

2 comments:

stitching and opinions said...

A "cream" doughnut is not something I have experience of......but I bet it is good.
Horrible when things pile up in the unhelpful pile. I used to think it happened to Che more than most, if something was going to go wrong I could bet it would be his woebegone little face peering up at me as his boat sank, he left his teddy on the bus, cat got run over. Acne.
I am wearing silver to beat off the bug, might be worth a try.

carol said...

Silver - interesting! I'll rummage in my jewelry horde immediately.

I might wear Rowan berries as well. there are lots of them this year!