19 Sept 2009

Still waiting.

Although every ache and sneeze seems to be a prelude to the SF none of the adults exposed to young Sandy have succumbed as yet. Chillside may be right and the asian flu (which yes I believe I did get) has left some immunity, but - there are still at least five days of possible incubation, so better not break out the party piƱana just yet. I have Tamiflu on the shelf. Daughter asked the doc if she should stop working. She has been notifying vulnerable patients who mostly have decided to risk it. Doc said - no point. If the health workers all stopped for fear of spreading it there would be no doctors or nurses left on the job.

Sanders is well again with a residual cough. So far he hasn't managed a full week back at school and next week is 'leave out' weekend which means school ends lunchtime Friday, so he still won't be burdened with five days hard grind at the educational coal face.

Not much other news here. Slow week generally. On a whim I started to read 'King Lear' which somehow has escaped me till now. I come across so many quotations from it in general reading it seemed to be time to put them all together. 'Death Comes As the End' has been a welcome light relief intermittently. I think it's one of Agatha's best.

Envy of Chillsider, and all those having short holiday breaks before the winter (our Sophie is off to Rome tomrrow) is almost crippling my spirit. I woke this morning and thought it must still be night but no - 6am already. The weather is lovely. I should try to get to the beach but there always seems to be something else to do. This morning gnomes are coming to tidy my garden and I want to get to the indoor mart first so - off I go for my morning bath. (I read an alarming report about shower heads carrying diseases, especially lung diseases... bit hypersensitive right now to talk of disease....)

No comments: