26 Mar 2008

Peaks and troughs.

One of the reasons I have so much time to chat idly about the books I'm reading and my medical hang-ups is because trade has slowed to a crawl. I knew it would but that doesn't mean I'm not shocked. Past experience still doesn't make me complacent about my takings or easier about the troughs - I still panic. Other Amazon sellers have been grumbling for a while now about sales but mine had been really good. Now they have dropped like a stone to one or two a day. When I find myself in a trough I can't believe my stock will ever attract anyone again; it feels woefully inadequate. Then I get a good week and my tail goes up. Today I have been offered three lots of books for sale, accepted one box, and been given two quite good books for free from a fourth person. Not all bad then.

No comments: