29 Mar 2008

Peasant salad.

There's nothing like a cold in the head for killing all creative drive. When you bend forward and your nose dribbles - what can you do except keep it upright?

Alan brought in a compilation of music-to-sell-books-by which was really nice of him. He says he enjoys putting them together. I was a bit nervous with the first two tracks (don't have a play list so don't know titles) The first was churchy sort of music which is nice but - churchy. The second was a piano concerto and for some reason I don't much like the piano as an instrument; however, now we are really rocking with some jazz, predominantly saxophone. I was curious about the vocalist who was singing whilst Chloë and I had coffee. I didn't recognise her but she's of the Carly Simon ilke, throaty and flowery. Oh, we are back to some very soothing stuff now - an addaggio? Choir boy voices peeling up above a quiet organ. 'Dig that throbbing organ sound.' quote unquote from a Private Eye cd many years ago when Ted Heath was PM and they were ribbing him about his sexuality. Which these days would be totally outed.

What a mixed peasant salad of thoughts today. I've just read Karen Armstrong's chapter on 'The God of the Philosophers.' So much is becoming clearer to me as I read. I rather wish I had had a classical education - but would that have necessarily given me the overview that she has? N says not. The God of the Mystic next - bound to be easier for me to relate to.

The post-Easter period has brought several orders for books on the subject of God and religion. Not just me then.

No comments: