5 Mar 2008

Ways to get custom

The surest way to get customers into the shop is to get dressed up in my coat and hat ready to take my parcels to the Post Office. The other way is to go to the lavatory. The arrival of friends for a chat is always accompanied by the arrival of customers who need lots of help.

I was on my way to the post this time with a bag of orders when a chap came in. So I sat down to write this instead. One of the ordered books weighs VERY heavy and was a blight to wrap. Huge paperbacks should not be allowed, they flop everywhere as I try to capture them into wrapping paper; they slide around on the bubble wrap and wriggle when I attempt to seal the Novia wrap. This one is 'Physics for University' and is on its way to a University, which also gives me cause for worry. More parcels sent to campuses go 'missing' than to any other section of the population. There's one now not arriving on a campus in Ireland. I bet it has. It just got put to use in the porter's lodge propping up a table.

No comments: